Intense Pulsed Light Andover, MA
For the best skin and hair procedures using intense pulsed light, Andover, MA residents trust Embody MedSpa. Our licensed medical aestheticians have over 30 years of combined experience working with state-of-the-art cosmetic technologies and know the best practices for image enhancement. Mastering intense pulsed light (or IPL) therapy takes special training and care for optimal results. With the right team of clinicians, this treatment can effectively improve the appearance of skin and permanently remove hair.
Intense Pulsed Light Therapy and You
We all have skin care resolutions, such as wearing more sunscreen, drinking more water, and eating clean. Read our blog for more good healthy skin habits. Sometimes, however, even the best skin care routines don’t achieve that fresh, glowing look you want. Whether your skin is prone to problems or you have a dermatologic disease like acne, your solution may be intense pulsed light. Andover, MA residents are seeing incredible results with the intense pulsed light procedure at Embody MedSpa:
- Vascular lesion removal. This includes rosy cheeks, rosacea, port wine stains, spider angiomas, broken facial veins, and red thread veins.
- Age mark removal. IPL effectively eliminates liver spots, sun spots, freckles, and other pigmented lesions.
- Facial line and wrinkle removal. The light technology of IPL works to reduce or eliminate wrinkles and light facial lines.
- Hair removal. IPL target the hair follicle, causing hair to fall out and fail to grow back.
Intense pulsed light in North Andover, MA has never been more accessible than at Embody MedSpa. The IPL therapy we offer is fast, easy, and effective—giving you the skin you want in just a few treatments.
How Intense Pulsed Light Therapy Works
In the last 20 years, intense pulsed light technologies have significantly evolved and improved. Licensed clinicians can now use these devices for safe and effective cosmetic treatment of vascular lesions, uneven pigmentation, brown spots, and unwanted hair. Intense pulsed light systems work similar to lasers: light energy targets cells with color in the skin. A device converts the light energy to heat energy, delivering many wavelengths in each pulse of light to remove the spot on the skin.
If you’re looking for a non-invasive, non-ablative skin resurfacing technique, consider intense pulsed light therapy. North Andover, MA clients who undergo IPL at Embody MedSpa can return to work immediately after therapy, since the procedure is minimal and has little to no downtime.
Intense Pulsed Light for Hair Removal
Intense pulsed light’s high-powered technology is good for more than just alleviating skin conditions. Embody MedSpa also uses intense pulsed light for Andover, MA clients interested in hair removal. Intense pulsed light permanently reduces hair growth. IPL therapy is perfect for hair in any location, including the:
- Bikini line
It’s most effective for dark, coarse hair, but clients with all types of hair have experienced positive results. Like a laser, the pulsating light technology targets the hair follicle and effectively removes hair for good—meaning you never have to shave or feel self-conscious about your body hair again.
Intense Pulsed Light Photofacials at Embody MedSpa
Embody MedSpa uses intense pulsed light therapy in a process we call “Lumecca IPL Photofacial,” where we use the FDA-approved Lumecca IPL device by InMode—an industry leader in cosmetic technologies. Our procedure is safe and effective for all skin types, proven to improve spider veins, brown spots, skin redness, sun damage, and discoloration.
Prior to the procedure, your specialist at Embody MedSpa will talk you through the process and tell you what to expect. We’ll define your treatment expectations clearly and give you an idea of the results you’ll see with intense pulsed light therapy. The procedure itself is straightforward and doesn’t require special preparation, but clients must avoid exposure to the sun in the weeks before and after treatment.
Embody MedSpa has an easy four-step process for intense pulsed light in North Andover, MA:
- Cleanse the treatment area and apply cold gel. The gel will prevent the device from burning your skin or causing pain. We’ll give you dark glasses to protect your eyes from the intense light. If desired, we can also apply a topical anesthetic.
- Apply light pulses to the skin. Once you’re in a relaxed, comfortable position, your clinician will gently apply the smooth glass surface of the Lumecca device to your skin and apply precise light pulses to the area being treated.
- Depending on which area we’re treating, IPL therapy takes approximately 20-30 minutes to complete. You may feel slight pain during treatment, but this is reduced with the cooling gel.
- Follow-up. In general, clients undergo three to six IPL treatments, each about one month apart, for optimum results. We always follow up with patients after intense pulsed light therapy to ensure satisfaction. Read our client testimonials.
When it comes to intense pulsed light in Andover, MA, Embody MedSpa is your local source for experienced, reliable cosmetic care. From the free initial consultation and skin assessment to your final IPL treatment, you’ll know our clinicians truly care about your health and beauty goals. Trust us with your skin, and see the remarkable difference our services can make.
Contact Us for Your Intense Pulsed Light Appointment
Don’t let skin pigmentations and imperfections get you down. Achieve healthy-looking, spot-free skin in a matter of months with intense pulsed light therapy. Whether you want to eliminate red spots on your face or permanently remove pesky hair, this procedure can deliver outstanding results. Embody MedSpa is proud to offer a range of spa and skin services to clients, including corrective facials, chemical peels, micro-needling, and microdermabrasion therapies. Check out our Facebook page to get real-time updates and discounts on our services.
Intense pulsed light therapy can change the way you see yourself. Instead of feeling uncomfortable in your own skin, proactively remedy the situation for good. Embody MedSpa can help you achieve your skin care goals. To schedule an appointment at Embody MedSpa for intense pulsed light, North Andover, MA residents can call (978) 207-0345 to speak with one of our caring clinicians today.